Level III Plates:
UDR SERIES – Polyethylene UDR SERIES UPGRADE PLATE (Level III / Level III+)
- Made of ultra-light 100% polyethylene.
- Each plate contains a high-pressure polyethylene layer
- High speed bullet protection provides protection against NIJ Level III and III + defined rifle bullets, either alone or with soft ballistics.
- Level III 1.35 kg multi-shot plate NIJ 0101.06
- Orthopedic, multi-slope or single-sloping design plates.
For over 25 years Armourshield have supplied a range of ballistic armour upgrade plates manufactured to their specifications. These have included both the ceramic composite and polyethylene types.
The above ceramic composite plates are certified to both NIJ Level III or IV standards and are available with black or olive drab ballistic nylon spall covers.
This fully curved 10” x 12” (250mm x 300mm) polyethylene upgrade plate provides NIJ Level III protection in conjunction with our Level IIIA soft armour. Typically, these weigh 1.2 – 1.6 Kg each depending on individual specification.
We have introduced a range of in-house produced ceramic composite plates, the “GR” series, which provide an economically priced solution to high velocity rifle threats. A range of sizes, fully NIJ certified, in conjunction with our level IIIA soft armour is available in Level III and level IV. Level IV stand alone versions are also available.
The following sizes are currently available:
- 10” x 12” (250mm x 300mm) Single and multi-curved
- 8” x 10” (200mm x 250mm) Single curve
- 8” x 8” (200mm x 200mm) Flat
- 6” x 8” (150mm x 200mm) Single curve
***Ballistic plates can be used with trauma shield.